1. What size are the radio’s audio input and output ports?- 1/8” (3.5 mm) mini jack for the audio output port
- 1/8”(3.5 mm) mini jack for the audio input port (i.e. the radio can be used as a speaker for e.g. an iPod)
- 12V DC jack for power supply
2. I am satisfied with my radio reception but can it be improved in any way?Please remember that it always helps to pull the aerial out to its full length.
For optimum performance place the radio and/or aerial close to a window or an external wall.
For radio reception, our FM tuners will work wherever FM is broadcast but our DAB/DAB+ tuners will only work in countries where this new radio format is being used. For information about DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) worldwide, please visit www.worlddab.org.
3. Does the radio's position influence the sound?Yes. If the radio is placed in a cupboard, bookcase or close to walls, counters or other hard surfaces, you may find there is excessive bass. Some users have noted that the bass is reduced if several layers of fabric are placed under the port. The positioning may also influence reception.
4: Can I use my radio in the bathroom?The components may be damaged if they are exposed to moisture for prolonged periods. We advise you not to use ROBIO in a wet room (e.g. a bathroom).
5: What type of earphones can I use?All headphones/earphones using the 3.5 mm (1/8″) standard plug.
6. How do I connect an iPod, iPhone, iPad, MP3 player, laptop or portable CD player to my ROBIO?You can connect any type of music device, Smartphone or computer to your radio via a 3.5 mm (1/8″) stereo mini jack.
7. Can I connect loudspeakers to my ROBIO DAB radio?You cannot connect extra loudspeakers to ROBIO.
8. What is DAB+?DAB+ (Digital Audio Broadcasting) is a radio standard based on digital technology. Read more here.
9. I can only access a limited number of DAB stations. What should I do?The reason may be that you live in an area with poor DAB reception. If reception in your area is generally good, poor reception may be due to the physical surroundings; buildings containing a lot of steel and reflective glass may weaken radio signals. When the radio is first switched on, it performs an automatic scan of the DAB network. Touching the radio during this scan may result in an incomplete scan. A new full ROBIO scan or restart may correct this.
10. Can I use my radio in other countries?Yes. However, the DAB functionality only works in countries that have implemented the DAB format as a radio format. Read more here.
Zeniq’s products are manufactured to very high standards. Our products are guaranteed against faulty materials and workmanship for a period of one year. The warranty cannot be assigned or transferred.
This warranty does not cover damage and loss caused during transportation or as a consequence of normal wear and tear, improper installation, use with incorrect voltage, misuse, use of faulty ancillary equipment, modifications, unauthorised repair, commercial use, purchase from an unauthorised retailer, accidents and incidents of force majeure.
In the event of service during the warranty period, aproof of purchase may be required to substantiate that the product was purchased from an authorised vendor. If you need to return the product, you should contact your vendor or Zeniq first.
Zeniq is not liable for indirect losses such as loss of time and loss of use of the product, inconvenience or damage caused by this product. These restrictions may not apply in your country, as some countries apply other legal rights than the rights contained in this warranty.